PRSice-2: Polygenic Risk Score software
Our PRS Analyses Summer School is now open!
We are holding a Summer School on PRS analyses!!
- Polygenic Risk Score Analyses (led by Dr. Paul O'Reily, Dr. Sam Choi)
- Thursday 21st June 2018
PRSice (pronounced 'precise') is a Polygenic Risk Score software for calculating, applying, evaluating and plotting the results of polygenic risk scores (PRS) analyses. Some of the features include:
- High-resolution scoring (PRS calculated across a large number of P-value thresholds)
- Most predictive PRS identified
- Empirical P-values output (not subject to over-fitting)
- Genotyped (PLINK binary) and imputed (Oxford bgen v1.2) data input
- Biobank-scale genotyped data can be analysed within hours
- Incorporation of covariates
- Application across multiple target traits simultaneously
- Results plotted in several formats (bar plots, high-res plots, quantile plots)
- PRSet: function for calculating PRS across user-defined pathways / gene sets
|OS X 64-bit||v2.1.1.beta|
PRSice-2 is currently under open beta - results output are reliable but please report any specific problems to our google group (see Support below)
R Packages Requirements¶
To plot graphs, PRSice requires R (version 3.2.3+) installed.
Additional steps might be required for Mac and Windows users.
Installing required R packages
PRSice can automatically download all required packages, even without administrative right.
You can specify the install directory using
--dir. For example
Rscript PRSice.R --dir .
will install all required packages under the local directory
For Quick start use, please refer to Quick Start
List user options
You can also type
to view all available parameters unrelated to plotting, or
Rscript PRSice.R -h
to view all available parameters, including those used for plotting
Output of Results¶
You can see the expected output of PRSice here
You can find a more detailed document explaining the input and output of PRSice in this page
Full command line options¶
You can find all command line options of PRSice under the section Details of PRSice/PRSet
If you use PRSice, then please cite:
PRSice: Polygenic Risk Score software, Euesden, Lewis, O'Reilly, Bioinformatics (2015) 31 (9):1466-1468
This wiki should contain all the basic instruction for the use of PRSice. Shall you have any problems, please feel free to start an issue here or visit our google group. You can help us to speed up the debug process by including the log file generated by PRSice.
For more details on the authors, see:
PRSice-2 and all new functionalities are coded by:
PRSice is a software package written in C++ (main) and R (plotting). The code relies partially on that written in PLINK by Shaun Purcell and Christopher Chang. Management of BGEN file is based on BGEN lib written by Gavin Band. We also utilize the Eigen C++ library.